Solution Marketing Manager is responsible for the development and execution of the go to market plan and strategy as well as driving successful market launches for assigned solution area including:
- Analyze market and technology trends to determine impact on product strategy and business situation
- Perform market research to determine possible packaging strategies, partnerships, features and functions as input to the product development process
- Create the primary messaging, value proposition and key value statements for solution area in order to position within portfolio and marketplace in a consistent and compelling way
- Develop and own primary content for literature development, ppts, web content, videos etc.
- Manage tactical implementation of solution area messaging by key groups and provide SME guidance to key stake holders including product management, partner and channels, marcom, training, sales enablement, events, AR, PR etc.
- Actively work with AR to support company representation of solutions in primary research, participate in analyst briefings, events etc.
- Actively work with PR to drive meaningful press releases and increased media coverage
- Generate relevant and easily consumable sales tools such as videos, Quick Reference Guides, training and other promotional materials
- Develop working knowledge of customer base and their solutions for creation of case studies, product initiatives etc.
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business or Technology discipline
- 5+ years experience in sales, solution marketing or product management in solution area or related area including security, IT infrastructure, hosting, cloud, IT Professional Services.
- Solution Marketing Manager must have the ability to understand the technology and translate technical value to business value.
- Strong teaming skills required including the ability to drive marketing projects within a matrix-managed team environment.
- Strong organizational skills as well as strong written and verbal communication skills are required.
- Must be able to communicate issues and status in a targeted manner towards key stakeholders, executives, and project members.